5 August, 2019
MathPsych/ICCM 2019 conference awards announced
For release: Immediate
The chairs of the MathPsych/ICCM 2019 conference held 18-22 July in Montreal http://mathpsych.org/conferences/2019/ would like to announce the award winners from the conference ceremony held on 21 July 2019.
The next conference will be held in Toronto in July 2020.
The award winners were:
- Newell Best Student-led Paper Award
- Roussel Rahman & Wayne Gray, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - “SpotLight on Dynamics of individual Learning” paper
- Best Poster Awards (2 awarded)
Hongyi Wang (East China Normal University), Zhilin He (East China Normal University) & Lisheng He (University of Pennsylvania), “A Quantitative Test of Transitivity in Mate Preference”
Farnaz Tehranchi & Frank E. Ritter, Pennsylvania State University, “Extending JSegMan to Interact with a Biased Coin Task and a Spreadsheet Task”
- R. Duncan Luce Outstanding Paper in the Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 2016-2018 (sponsored by Elsevier; more info)
- Michael L. Kalish (Syracuse University), John C. Dunn (University of Adelaide), Oleg P. Burdakov (Linköping University), Oleg Sysoev (Linköping University) “A Statistical Test of the Equality of Latent Orders”, Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 2016, vol 70, 1-11 Twitter Post
- Computational Brain & Behavior journal Outstanding Paper Award (sponsored by Springer; more info)
- Anselm Rothe, Brenden Lake, Todd Gureckis (New York University) “Do People Ask Good Questions”, Computational Brain & Behavior, 2018, vol 1, 69-89 Twitter post
- William K Estes Early Career Award for 2019, two awardees this year (more info):
- Dora Matzke, University of Amsterdam
- Joseph Austerweil, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Both awardees will give keynote talks and receive their awards at MathPsych/ICCM 2020
More information on all awards is available here
MathPsych/ICCM 2019 featured the keynote presentation by 2018 William K Estes Early Career Award recipient David Kellen, Syracuse University. Twitter post
Pictures for the paper awards and Estes award are available. You can find more Twitter posts from the conference at #iccmpsyched if you want to see other potential items of interest.
For further information contact: